Membrane filter presses are filters in which polyamide or polypropylene plates are used. In these types of filters, the plates are located between a fixed metal plate and a movable plate that is connected to the hydraulic jack, between these plates are placed smooth cloths with small openings, which form a cake on them and the space between the two plates. Generally, in the working cycle, the plates are first filled with slurry and then they are put under pressure. In every work cycle, in order to prevent the closing of the filter springs, the washing operation is done and the system is prepared for the next cycle.The filter presses produced by CDE are among the most advanced filter presses in the world, which are used in most mineral industries, including copper, molybdenum, lead, zinc, iron, aluminum, potash, coal, and sand.
Some of the strengths of this system are as follows:
– Using four hydraulic cylinders at the same time for uniform pressure
– Fast moving of plates in discharge to reduce cycle time
– Use of specialized pumps with high speed to reduce filling time
– Using hydraulic pumps up to 16 bar pressure to reduce the humidity of the output cake
– Desirable dryness of production cake even with hard granulations
– Automatic washing of filters after each work cycle
– The ability to add plates to increase the capacity in the future, the variety of the device from 5 to 20 tons per hour and in various applications water recycling up to 96%.